Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day!

I have to brag just a little about the wonderful man I married almost 7 years ago, yes this year will be our 7th anniversary, crazy how time flies! Yesterday I took my daughter to dance class and when we got home, on the kitchen table was a dozen red roses, chocolate and a hand written note- a complete surprise. He is so sappy and I love it! He writes the best love letters!
The night before, I had hit the local grocery store. I got stuck crying in the card isle. I was reading valentine cards and couldn't pick just one. I love my Johnny so much!

This week my kids have been sick but Friday morning my kindergartner woke me up to tell me it was time for her to go to school. She was dressed with her teeth brushed and trying to convince me she felt well enough. The truth of the matter was, she couldn't wait to get to school for the Valentines Day Party. It is strange how candy can make children well. Maybe all those sugar pills they use as placebos for studies really can make people better.

I was happy to see her smiling. I gave her a dose of ibuprofen, some breakfast and sent her to school with these....


These home made candy rings were a hit at school even though they didn't stay assembled long. I simply twisted chenille stems into rings, hot glued candy on top and twirled the remaining ends around a pencil. Instant smiles.

Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute! You're the best mom ever! I forgot about the Valentine's party and had to throw 12 together at the last minute... definitely not as cute as heart chocolate rings!

    ReplyDelete