Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another birthday has come and gone!

At the end of April, I got another year closer to 30. So close that I have to categorize myself in the late 20's bracket. Late is the part that hurts. The occasion got me thinking about how I view my age and whether or not I am really seeing myself age appropriately. There is no turning back, I will never be a kid again. I had such a perfect childhood, thanks to good parents, a religious canopy protecting me, and a whole bucket full of ignorance. Many days I find myself thinking about days gone by. This bday I intentionally looked at the present and future. My life really is good. The biggest problem I have is figuring out how to make housework a little more exciting. I have lead a very busy life always and it is finally starting to wear on me. "You don't want to burn your candle at both ends," my dad always used to tell me. I am finally starting to believe him. I am trying to focus on priorities and putting more effort into those instead of a million things.

This weekend I drafted out a letter of resignation to my customers. I have loved longarm quilting for others and love the people I do it for. This week I received my 600th order and it is hard to think of letting this all go. So why would I walk away from a successful home business I have poured my heart into over the last four years? I am going back to school for my masters degree to become a nurse practitioner. The reality is that the time has come for me to pursue this dream and I can only put so much on my plate. I have children to raise, a husband to love, a house to keep, friendships to nourish, and a job to work. I am going to trade running a business for school. Here it goes.....

3 comments:

  1. GET OUT! My Jaw is on the floor!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! And don't worry...I'll be turning 30 this year...YIKES! You'll make an awesome nurse practitioner...if only there were more hours in the day to fulfill all we want to. Are you still going to work?

    ReplyDelete