Monday, January 14, 2013

Utah Week 2

Being back in class feels so good. For a while there, I was struggling to see that I would ever graduate. I was falling out of the role of CNM student and starting to wonder if I really would ever be a midwife or have the skills I need. Since the semester started 7 days ago, all of that has faded.

The first day, my preceptor, Dixie Rasmussen, CNM  (she's amazing!) told me the she likes to have students shadow her the first day. After just a couple patient visits, she had me doing assessments, review of systems, listening to heart tones...  Dixie is an amazing CNM and an amazing instructor. She takes the time to explain why she does things. She teaches her patients about everything AND she deeply cares. I feel really lucky to be able to spend so much time learning from her this semester. She will change the way I practice as a CNM.

No comments:

Post a Comment