Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Little More Info

I have always been a crafty girl and come from generations of crafty women. My mom taught me to sew when I was probably 7 or 8. I have memories of making my younger brother clothes from my mom's scrap box when she was at work. Unfortunately, I didn't always remember to leave room for the seam allowances in my creations so they never fit. My brother was a good sport and still tried to put them on. In college I took a clothing construction class just to validate my home taught techniques and of course my mom was right as mothers always are. It was after that class I decided to make my first quilt. It was a wall hanging with appliqued flowers and pieced borders. I was instantly hooked. My knowledge of quilting techniques grew as I spent a year of early mornings with a newborn watching Alex Anderson host Simply Quilts. Thanks Alex!!! I still make my kids Halloween costumes but when my machine has a project running through it, it is most likely a quilt. I love quilting because it allows me to be creative, work with color and to be challenged. I could spend all day at my sewing machine with Taylor swift playing on Pandora.

My interest in how the human body works also started when I was young. We had a set of encyclopedias and the entry on the human body was read through many times over. Becoming a nurse was an easy option for me because I love science and people. I also knew it would be a job I could do and have children. When I started nursing school, I didn’t know what nurses did except take care of people. I soon found out that the nurse's job is to act as a patient advocate…the middle man who’s concern is to make sure the patient is getting the care they need. I love being a nurse and I am lucky enough to work in labor and delivery-a field I love!

I enjoy doing a gazillion other things... singing, dancing, playing the piano, reading, hiking, biking, swimming, crocheting, scrapbooking, cooking... My newest interest has been learning Creative Studio-a computer program for designing and web programming. Tutvid has the best video tutorials!


I am lucky to be married to a great man with big dreams. He inspires me to reach for the stars. I also have two little gems of children. I am sure you will see lots of pics of them as they grow with this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yah!! I love the pictures of your kids. Fantastic header! It was worth staying up till 4am for!

    ReplyDelete