Monday, August 10, 2009

So today was definitely a Monday...

I went to sleep unable to find my cell phone last night and so I spent this morning in a panic. My personal cell is also my business line. How in the world were people going to get a hold of me today? I had quilts waiting for customers and was sure people would be calling.

While I was frantically looking all over my house, my mom knocked on my door. Moms must have an ability to tell when their children are in a panic. Thank you mom! I began to walk her through the events of last night when I remembered having my phone last. We had gone to the neighbors house to visit so I decided to go over again. They were at work so I kindly let myself in. I had the garage about half way up when my neighbor pulled up. Busted! If my wonderful trusting neighbors are reading this, I will not be offended if you change your garage code.

The trespassing did not result in my phone but while I was out, I noticed that the garbage man had already come. This got me thinking about last week. I was missing my favorite scissors and asked my 3 year old if he had seen them. After thinking a minute, he suggested that I look in the trash. Now, why would he think my scissors were in the trash? I can only guess. I did look through the trash last week but all I found was thread, lint and needles. My scissors are still missing.

Immediately I ran into the house, cornered my little dude and asked him flat out if he had put my phone in the trash. I was trying to breathe deeply ... the garbage man had already come! His sweet little face denied throwing my phone out. I still wasn't convinced and looked in my empty trash cans. Then it dawns on me, I took the trash to the curb last night. I had set my phone down on my husband's rear bumper because my shorts lacked pockets. I then washed my hands and had forgotten to pick up my phone. By now though, my husband had already driven down town to work.

Now, I am a pretty lucky person. I won a Bernina 220 2 years ago at the Las Vegas shop hop and in high school I won a stereo in a perfect attendance drawing (yes I've always been a nerd). Things generally work out well for me so I didn't give up hope. My mom and kiddos piled into the car while I left a note for my customers to call my mom's cell. Thankfully no one came over while we were out searching! We drove all 13 miles staring at the pavement and arrived at my husband's truck with my phone still on his bumper. What a way to start the day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! You're one lucky lady Jen. I'm glad that it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Your husband drives nice and takes corners on all four wheels. Once my son left his phone on the windsheild of his car (by the wipers) and he lost it on the big turn on the road by our home. We went back in my car and I called his phone while he walked up and down the road and finally found it when it rang from some blackberry bushes. You have to ask yourself if cell phones really are timesaving and a modern help to us or not. My advice? Next time you take out the trash, slip it in your BRA!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story, especially that your neighbors busted you. I'm glad you found your phone. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete