Friday, July 24, 2009

Bean Salad

I love that the Internet makes information so easily accessible. We had the neighbors over for dinner last weekend and I found some amazing new recipes online. Great food and great company- Does life get any better?

Healthy Garden Salad

Ingredients
5tbs red wine vinegar
3tbs grape seed oil- I used olive oil since it was already in my cupboard.
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro- I am not a professional chef so I used some dried cilantro and it tasted fine to me. The grocery store was out of cilantro so unless I wanted to stop at two stores with two children the fresh just wasn't happening!
2 limes juiced- Never go grocery shopping on Saturday! No limes either! I just bought a bottle of juice.
1 tsp white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 cloves of garlic minced
4 green onions thinly sliced
1 lb frozen shelled edamame (green soy beans)-My kiddos had fun shelling our soy beans because that was all I could find. It was actually pretty easy once cooked.
3 cups frozen corn kernels
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 pint cherry tomatoes

In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, grape seed oil, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.


Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the soybeans and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Drain very well, and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill and blend the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment