Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Half Way

This term stared the second half of my NP degree. I am finally beginning to understand how my role in patient care will be different and what my scope of practice will be. The first half of this degree was an in depth review of topics I studied in nursing school....physiology, pathophysiology, women's health, statistics, and pharmacology plus a look at the financial and political side of healthcare worldwide and in the U.S. This second half is different. I am learning how to think differently. I was excited to finally start the clinical portion of school. I've been following a great doctor in his office and seeing patients. It is going really well and I am beginning to understand how to play this new role. I am definitely looking forward to graduating and seeing what experiences lie ahead.

3 comments: