Friday, July 3, 2009

Tres Leche Part 1

Tonight I am staying up late to make one of my favorite cakes of all time, Tres Leche. This is a cake you have to make in advance because it has to soak up the creamy liquid like a sponge overnight. We are having a big neighborhood celebration for the fourth tomorrow so the cake has to happen tonight. I can't wait to see my kiddos watch the fireworks. Talking to my three year old tonight, he doesn't seem to really remember fireworks from last year so it will be fun watching him discover them all over. I find so much pleasure in watching my kids experience new things. Last week we went to Lake Powell and I loved watching the kids enjoy the lake. My husband always says people find happiness in progression. I have to agree, watching my kids learn and get better at things is one of my favorite parts of life.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the recipe for this wonderful cake? What flavor is it? What does it soak up? And...how cute is that red potholder and when are you teaching that class? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That potholder is a special treasure! One of my favorite college professors, Lynn Callister made it for me while flying to Russia to do nursing research! She was my women's health instructor at BYU. She was a great influence in nursing as well as quilting! The potholder is made from prairie points hand stitched to a foundation.

    ReplyDelete