Monday, July 6, 2009

Tres Leche Part 2

This cake recipe is from Alton Brown on Good Eats but because he measures in ounces, I am posting my easier to use version using teaspoons and measuring cups.

Preheat oven to 350 F

Ingredients

Cake:
1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
5 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp powder
1/2 tsp salt

Milks:
12 oz can evaporated milk
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup half and half

Frosting:
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream the butter and sugar until thick. Add the eggs one at a time blending well with each egg. Blend in vanilla. Mix dry cake ingredients and add to butter mixture in three slow additions.

Smooth flat in a greased and floured 9 X 13 inch pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cake is lightly golden and is 200F internally. Cool for 30 minutes on cooling rack. Then generously perforate the cake. I like to use my meat thermometer. Stir together milks and pour them over cake. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, blend the frosting ingredients together slowly at first then at a medium-high speed until the mixture comes to stiff peaks. Spread over cake and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a recipe that is! I think I gained two pounds just reading the ingredients! I will try it for a special occasion. Thanks for the recipe. Now....about the pot holder. :-)

    ReplyDelete